Weapon Zoom (sm_weaponzoom) adds enhanced zoom levels to weapons in Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. It may also work in other games, but we haven’t tested others.
- Mouse Bindings for zoom in/out/reset on player’s mouse wheel
- A range finder
- Support for multiple overlays shown when zoomed in. Four sniper scope overlays included. Players can select an overlay or turn off completely
- Configurable zoom levels. Players set their preferred zoom levels. Sysops can adjust the zoom level configurations.
- In-game help and settings using !wz or !weaponzoom, and !settings
Our older (nearly 10 years old!), less featureful version is also available from AlliedModders!
sm_weaponzoom version 2.0.4:
- Updated help link URL – the help URL shown within-game is now (by default) served from foo-games directly. Server operators may still self-host included help file as well, PHP required.
- Updated Sourcepawn compatibility. Now using enum structs for internal data structures.
- Fixed issue where sm_weaponzoom_cmdallzoom might not work – resulting in all weapons having zoom enabled
- Minor performance optimization – OnGameFrame short circuits if cvar disabled for range finder, and is not compiled if range finding feature is disabled in code.
sm_weaponzoom version 2.0.3:
- Added laser sight
- Fixed an issue with NPCs
sm_weaponzoom version 2.0.2:
- Add multi-overlay support and player tweakable overlay settings
sm_weaponzoom version 2.0.0 (1.99 testing series)
- New release! Now officially sold and supported by foo-games.com
- New player default levels cvar (sm_weaponzoom_defaultlevels)
- Add !wz chat command shortcut. !weaponzoom still works
- Enable Range Finding. New cvars are sm_weaponzoom_rangefinder and sm_weaponzoom_rangefinder_colour
- The plugin uses a new method for calculating zoom levels:
- sm_weaponzoom_zoommax, sm_weaponzoom_zoomstart, sm_weaponzoom_zoomincrement cvars
- added sm_weaponzoom_fovs : this is a space seperated list of FOV’s for each zoom level. Higher FOV = less zoom. Lower = higher zoom. Range is 90 – 1.
- Removed the player setting “max zoom” and replaced with a list of zoom levels the player prefers to use
- Miscellaneous housekeeping
- Experimental range finder support (requires recompile)
- Added player settings, max zoom, help file, etc.
- Added console binds for using mouse wheel, etc.
- Added ICU sound
- other stuff
- First version. Adds zoom on attack2