Niantic’s “Ingress” augmented reality game is a classic spy vs spy, humans vs. aliens game of capture the flag. Territorial control to dominate portal ownership and mind control fields help balance the playing field by annoying your enemies and preventing other players from fielding under you.
Which side will you choose?
The Enlightened – defenders of the faith of Roland Jarvis and seek to leverage the power of Exotic Matter to progress mankind along its evolutionary path through art, music, science and education. The Enlightened believe they are the representatives of the Shapers.
The Resistance – also known as “HUMANS” in const PLAYER_TYPE speak – believe that Shapers seek to dominate human kind and seek to protect and study Exotic Matter so that humans might be free and able to evolve on their own. Naturally, the Resistance’s great great great grand-aliens are the N’zeer – whom we figure are just distant cousins from a time long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
- Shard Games - Avenir Shards are live (the Map) – a new global shard game in X-Fac mode! This is pretty cool, and reminds us of an old X-Fac shard game proposed by the Enlightened League of Operators back in 2016. The game mode was pretty simple – agent controlled beacons for ornaments, RES and ENL. The idea […]
- Geo gaming recruitment - As community champions and game masters, we understand many of the challenges communities face both in the real-world, and online. For the past couple of decades, we’ve had a passion for connecting people throughout the world. We know what amazing possibilities become real when we bridge the digital divide by providing spaces that help foster […]
- Operation Field over EGS Supreme Commander. - Task complete.
- Operation: Insert Op Here - A little while back, myself and a small group of fielders got to talking about what keys we had and how to make a field covering Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland with very little effort. Some keys were farmed, some keys were moved, but most were already in place. With the exception of BC, the lanes […]
- “So who’s the cat running this joint anyway?” - This is a repost of something I shared in our local community yesterday. It’s just one of those periodic reminders you have to put up now and then. New agents are always joining, trying to figure it all out and inevitably the question pops up. So if you’re new and not sure who’s in charge […]
- Woot! Swag! - Woot! Swag! Thank you [redacted], [redacted], [redacted] and the rest of the Persepolis Toronto Team!
- Damned stupid shiny new things. - Damned stupid shiny new things. Keeping me up later than I want to be. Telegram BOT API is out. Guess who just got a new bot interface (yay, no more telegram-cli hacks! – well, not completely).
- Sojourner day 95. Today I watched a shard land right in my scanner. - Napping. I wake up, compelled by some unknown force. Absent mindedly and in the stupor of a non caffeinated state, I login to my scanner, connect to the portal and start re-charging. As I become concious of what is taking place, I suddenly feel a shard is inbound. Just moments before 1700, I see a […]
- We had hoped to attach to a TELUS tower on Mt Jarvis - We had hoped to attach to a TELUS tower on Mt Jarvis, but sadly it seems it was just a hope tower. At least now we know what extra gear we need for out here.
- I was bored, so I started mucking around with Census data and GeoServer. - I was bored, so I started mucking around with Census data and GeoServer. Here’s a map of population densities based on the FSA (Forward Sortation Area – first three chars of a postal code) based on 2011 Census Data. It’s rough, but this might be useful for optimizing MU.
Game master tools
NotADA – the community management platform for the Ingress Enlightened – primarily designed for use by the Enlightened, NotADA is designed to maximize team wide contribution and participation. We knew early on the key to domination was scale. By designing our system to help develop operator and field agent capabilities and experience, it would be possible to contribute to the global pool of the Enlightened to help suppress the Resistance.
GlaDOS – the Geographic layered access Distributed Operations System
A new paradigm in tactical field operations management and support.
GlaDOS – – the geographic layered access Distributed Operations System. Independent, networked and with new extensibility features – GlaDOS provides Ingress teams with self-autonomy and the capability to work with other trusted teams.
And unlike certain trustchain based systems deployed in Ingress, the GlaDOS trust chain isn’t compromised by a single set of admins or visible to the community at large. You play, your way.
Features supported by our Ingress System:
- Recruitment, verification, referral and vouching
- Inventory management and auditing for special away missions
- Integration with common planning and communication tools
- Custom operation achievements and statuses to make your team unique and highlight your teams capabilities.
- DispatchI/O – our distributed Intel and Operations inter-networking protocol brings even more intelligence capabilities to promote team based intelligence and operations planning.
Not an official Ingress site. Foo Games does not endorse, nor is affiliated with Niantic Labs.