Niantic’s “Ingress” augmented reality game is a classic spy vs spy, humans vs. aliens game of capture the flag. Territorial control to dominate portal ownership and mind control fields help balance the playing field by annoying your enemies and preventing other players from fielding under you.
Which side will you choose?
The Enlightened – defenders of the faith of Roland Jarvis and seek to leverage the power of Exotic Matter to progress mankind along its evolutionary path through art, music, science and education. The Enlightened believe they are the representatives of the Shapers.
The Resistance – also known as “HUMANS” in const PLAYER_TYPE speak – believe that Shapers seek to dominate human kind and seek to protect and study Exotic Matter so that humans might be free and able to evolve on their own. Naturally, the Resistance’s great great great grand-aliens are the N’zeer – whom we figure are just distant cousins from a time long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
- Random key capsules - Woo hoo! Today I finally levelled to L16 – again! I’d taken a hiatus from the game to focus on some other personal matters that had been set in motion after the Magnus anomaly series in 2017. COVID wasn’t such a bad excuse to get out and play either, hell – we even added a […]
- Shard Games - Avenir Shards are live (the Map) – a new global shard game in X-Fac mode! This is pretty cool, and reminds us of an old X-Fac shard game proposed by the Enlightened League of Operators back in 2016. The game mode was pretty simple – agent controlled beacons for ornaments, RES and ENL. The idea […]
- Operation Field over EGS Supreme Commander. - Task complete.
- Operation: Insert Op Here - A little while back, myself and a small group of fielders got to talking about what keys we had and how to make a field covering Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland with very little effort. Some keys were farmed, some keys were moved, but most were already in place. With the exception of BC, the lanes […]
- “So who’s the cat running this joint anyway?” - This is a repost of something I shared in our local community yesterday. It’s just one of those periodic reminders you have to put up now and then. New agents are always joining, trying to figure it all out and inevitably the question pops up. So if you’re new and not sure who’s in charge […]
- Woot! Swag! - Woot! Swag! Thank you [redacted], [redacted], [redacted] and the rest of the Persepolis Toronto Team!
- Damned stupid shiny new things. - Damned stupid shiny new things. Keeping me up later than I want to be. Telegram BOT API is out. Guess who just got a new bot interface (yay, no more telegram-cli hacks! – well, not completely).
- Sojourner day 95. Today I watched a shard land right in my scanner. - Napping. I wake up, compelled by some unknown force. Absent mindedly and in the stupor of a non caffeinated state, I login to my scanner, connect to the portal and start re-charging. As I become concious of what is taking place, I suddenly feel a shard is inbound. Just moments before 1700, I see a […]
- We had hoped to attach to a TELUS tower on Mt Jarvis - We had hoped to attach to a TELUS tower on Mt Jarvis, but sadly it seems it was just a hope tower. At least now we know what extra gear we need for out here.
- I was bored, so I started mucking around with Census data and GeoServer. - I was bored, so I started mucking around with Census data and GeoServer. Here’s a map of population densities based on the FSA (Forward Sortation Area – first three chars of a postal code) based on 2011 Census Data. It’s rough, but this might be useful for optimizing MU.
Not an official Ingress site. No affiliation with Niantic Labs.